Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Crafting

I haven't posted in a while, and I moved my scrapping and stamping to a new blog! I am glad to be back in the crafting swing of things. I missed checking in with all of you gals!




We had a good weekend crafting! We decorated our easter eggs. I blow the eggs so we can keep them from year to year. I love decorated easter eggs! From simple dyes to elaborate decorations. I think they are so colorful and unique!

We also did some scrapbook and stamping. The girls and I made these candy bar covers. They gave them out as treats. The paper star was just for fun. I use to make these great polish stars, they were seriously complicated but beautiful! I will have to find that pattern again and try those again.

We also cleaned and organized the dungeon (Basement). It is now our crafting haven. This picture doesn't show it very well, but we have different tables set up, put up some lights, hung sheets on the framing. We are going to put the kid's art work on the sheets. Hey -it works for now. One day Big Daddy will actually get the basement finished for me - or not. It is functional, that is all that matters!

I put our Disney pics in a quick album for my folks. I plan on scrapping our pictures. I also want to put some cute pics of mom with 2 of the monkeys in some cute frame. That is on the list for this week.

The question of the week: For which holiday do you do the most crafts?
Probably Christmas. We make cards, gift tags, and wrapping paper. We also try to make creative gifts for cousins (20 of them). We did glass ornaments, decopage letters (initials) and picture frames this year. We really like to craft for every holiday. But I think we do the most for Christmas.

My To Dos: Finish planning my next SU workshop. Gifts for the cheerleaders, the cute Disney frame for my mom. Oh yeah, start the teacher's EOY class scrapbooks - wow that is a long list!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Those eggs are really neat! I love eggs that are nicely decorated that way. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Unknown said...

Wow, those eggs are so cool and how in the world do you keep something so fragile from year to year without breaking them? I loved seeing your basement...it's so similar to ours. I used to craft down there, but it is cold and the floor feels dirty and even though we finished the ceiling with tons of can lights, so it's bright, it still feels like a dungeon. I gave up on it a few months ago and moved all my crafting stuff upstairs. Even though I have to share my space now, I craft a lot more often .

ChrissyM said...

Your Easter eggs are gorgeous! Have a crafty week!

Chrissy

Melanie H said...

Your eggs are stunning, I might have to try this next year.

Your scraproom/ basement looks wonderful.